Terms of Service:
Welcome to the Aphasia Institute’s Community Hub, an online community that provides access to resources, professional services and opportunities for collaboration and interaction between Speech-language pathologists and other Health Care Professionals.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Community Hub's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Community Hub's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Community Hub at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. Comments submitted to Groups, Wikis and Discussion Forums
Community Hub includes groups, wikis and discussion forums, also known as collaborative services. Registered users of Community Hub may submit comments (a specific type of User Material) to these collaborative services. Moderation of comments is the responsibility of their owners and facilitators. The owners and facilitators are expected to:
- monitor comments to ensure that the norms and practices for dialogue and interaction are followed by all registered users; and
Community Hub welcomes your comments as long as they are appropriate. Comments that are inappropriate will be removed from Community Hub.
Inappropriate comments include, but are not limited to, comments that:
- are abusive, obscene, indecent or offensive
- are defamatory, harassing, hateful or unproven/unsupported accusations against individuals or organizations
- identify publicly-elected representatives or candidates, regardless of their political affiliation, whether comments are supportive or critical
- invade the privacy of others or impersonate others
- are not related to the topic
- are posted without the necessary rights, licences and consents
- encourage conduct that may or could be a criminal offence or a civil liability
- violate any municipal, provincial, federal, international law or regulation
- are contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
The materials on Community Hub's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. Community Hub makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, Community Hub does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Community Hub or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Community Hub's website, even if Community Hub or a Community Hub authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
6. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Community Hub's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Community Hub does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Community Hub may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Community Hub does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Community Hub has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Community Hub of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
Community Hub may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
9. Limitation of Liability
The Government of Canada accepts no liability or blame for injury, damage or loss to any person or property caused by or in any way related to the use of Community Hub, its information or any website linked to it.
10. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Canada.